Blender 3D - multiple textures

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
borges
Competition winner

Blender 3D - multiple textures

Post by borges »

Hello, I am Borges.
I am a 3D modeler and working on a little project with a friend.
So, about a hour ago I was creating a terrain at blender, and while i was texturing it came to me the question, how do i add more than 1 texture (as UVMAP) to the same terrain and make them mix together?
One of the textures is the grass, the other one is a road, the other would be a different color of grass.
I can make the textures separated as materials and make irrlicht open them, and mix them?
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the attention.
MSN: victorborges at live dot com
www.vhborges.com
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Re: Blender 3D - multiple textures

Post by Cube_ »

wait, you want to use several textures in different places or blend them into one?
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"
borges
Competition winner

Post by borges »

aaammmsterdddam wrote:wait, you want to use several textures in different places or blend them into one?
i have a terrain and i want to add several textures to it and make them blend, mixture... but still having different texture files.
Just like we can do when we create a model to be rendered in Blender. They are different images but mixturing on the model.
www.vhborges.com
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

You're thinking of texture splatting maps. Irrlicht doesn't support them by default, you'll need to write a shader.
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
borges
Competition winner

Post by borges »

3DModelerMan wrote:You're thinking of texture splatting maps. Irrlicht doesn't support them by default, you'll need to write a shader.
Just to know the name of it already helped, thank you very much, 3DModelerMan.
www.vhborges.com