Free programmer for hire (me)

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Free programmer for hire (me)

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Hi all,

I just thought about writing this announcement today. This is going to be charity for all those irrlicht noobs out there. Irrlicht users seem to be very happy with the services I've provided, just check the links below! My work has saved a few people a few hours in coding! (In the region of single figures)

So, what have I done?
-A mesh combiner
-A class for drawing 2D images with irrlicht
-A program to turn 3D models into sprites

NOTE: I DO LIMIT MYSELF TO PURELY IRRLICHT

Augusts "Screenshot of the Month" winner "2D Animator" (by me):

And the best looking screenshot:

SO WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU!
Anything! Give me your poor, your hungry, your buggy programs and I shall give them a new life!
ARE YOUR PROGRAMS NOT WORKING??? ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE WITH IRRLICHT??? DO YOU NEED A HANDSOME YOUNG MAN TO HOLD YOUR HAND THROUGH TROUBLING TIMES??? I can improve your life DRAMATICALLY.
Do you want help with bugs?
Or maybe you want code to make the 10,000th minecraft clone to date?
Or you simply want to benefit from my magical typing hands.

HOW MUCH WILL I CHARGE FOR MY AMAZING SERVICES???
Absolutely nothing! I'm doing this for the karma!

So contact me now if you want hard programming tasks done free!
randomMesh

Re: Free programmer for hire (me)

Post by randomMesh »

Make the 10,000th minecraft clone and send the code to idontgetthe@senseoftispost.com
"Whoops..."
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Surely, the sense of this post can't be that hard to grasp. I want to share my gift for programming with the world!
randomMesh

Post by randomMesh »

To me, i seems like it's more like a piss take of this post.
"Whoops..."
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

It totally is, but I'd love to work on projects with people and help them with their code. The tone is obviously sarcastic and mocking, but I really wanna help people. Take it as you please.
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

there is no other word for it..... you're a dick
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Well, as it seems it has at least some more appeal than the other post, regarding the 5 replies (vs. 0) up to now. Moreover, I don't see why one shouldn't be allowed to open up some competition. If you (devsh) think that your post has a right to be kept, this one has as well. Better try to improve your own profile and presentation instead of trying to keep your competitors silent.
mongoose7

Post by mongoose7 »

I think there must be an English problem here. As a native of the language, and an Australian to boot, I find the advertisement *brilliant* and I do not understand the carping and insults.

Well done, Lonesome Ducky! Three cheers for you. And well done again.
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

devsh wrote:there is no other word for it..... you're a dick
Really dude, get over yourself

If anyone wants to make use of your services, they'll contact you eventually
If you can't take some competition or criticism even if it is presented in a more satirical way, then the problem lies with you and not with anyone else
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

interesting....
I shall see what I need help with...
**Will PM you when I remember what I needed ^.^' **
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"
mongoose7

Post by mongoose7 »

Radikalizm wrote:... even if it is presented in a more satirical way
I shouldn't post again, but to the echte Engländer it is not satirical. Facetious would be a better word.
hendu

Post by hendu »

Why what a generous offer young sire. It would be much appreciated if you could save some people some hours of coding and create a deferred renderer suitable for inclusion in irrlicht, to allow just one toggle to replace the solid render pass with one that allows more lights.
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

I mean this is not even a funny *piss take*
LonesomeDucky displays terrible ignorance(as he does not know how much a Bink licence costs) and tries to devalue my skills (when he mirrors what I said with saving "a few hours of work" => is that a hint at how little I have helped mr. burfoot??? I assure it was a lot more than just a few $ and a few hrs.)
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

so?
See it as a competition, yes he intended it as a *piss take*
But still.... isn't a bit of a competition nice?
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"
Murloc992

Post by Murloc992 »

devsh wrote:I mean this is not even a funny *piss take*
LonesomeDucky displays terrible ignorance(as he does not know how much a Bink licence costs) and tries to devalue my skills (when he mirrors what I said with saving "a few hours of work" => is that a hint at how little I have helped mr. burfoot??? I assure it was a lot more than just a few $ and a few hrs.)
Your nicknames' pronunciation->meaning is actually starting to make sense. If you helped so-called mr burfoot so much, why there aren't any actual hints about the project, the company? Or is it mr burfoot and other 12 of my imaginary friends? And Lonesome Ducky is just using sarcasm, but wait, people like you (<your nick>(-es)) actually don't get anything like that. And of course it is fair competition and actually he has the same rights like you to offer help. Got any problems with it?

P.S. Irrlicht forum isn't really the place to look for people to use your help to save money in the region of 5 figures unless the figures are lego. :lol: