[Solved Again] 3Dmax .x exported mesh messed up help please;

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Georgian

[Solved Again] 3Dmax .x exported mesh messed up help please;

Post by Georgian »

hi,
I think its good to have a special corner for 2D/3D graphics.

for the question.
I have modeled a Book that has flipping pages in 3D max 7 and want to load it in irrlicht, I used panda .X exporter the animation was exported but the timings vere lost and positions were also lost.
my book consists of 6 parts , the outter cover and 5 pages (dont need more) oh and almost forgott 5 clips as holding circles
but when i exported it and loaded in irrlicht there positions and timings were lost in max 1-100 frames are Firs page flipping 200-300 second page and in irrlicht thay flip at the time and are in wrong place Ill take a pic:

what should i do? why is it happening? are my exporter settings wrong or should i use different .x exporter(if yes which)?
thanks in advance
Last edited by Georgian on Wed May 16, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
using Visual Studio 2003 , I use 3D Max 7, I love irrlicht its a really good and easy engine
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Hi Georgian,

Dit you try opening your X file in Mview first? Try opening it there, checking it's ok, and resaving your X file in Mview as X text (not binary). It seems resaving prepares the model to show up properly in Irrlicht.

Can you uplaod your model to check it out?

regards,
Alvaro

Ps. Should you need Mview to check your file, you can grab it here:
http://www.danielpatton.com/afecelis/files/MView.zip
Georgian

Post by Georgian »

heres the book:
http://dead.caucasus.net/book.zip
if anione cant download it ill upload on rapidshare

edit:
thanks a lot i opened it in MView it looked fine resaved and there and in irrlicht it looks good too now :)
Last edited by Georgian on Wed May 16, 2007 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
using Visual Studio 2003 , I use 3D Max 7, I love irrlicht its a really good and easy engine
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Got it! I'm checking it now.
Thanks

ps. Can you also upload your .x file? I've been working with 3dsmax6 for the last couple of years and haven't upgraded it ever since. (I switched to blender).

Or can you export it as .3ds so that materials and texture info remains intact?
I can then try converting it to something else usable by Irrlicht. (is it animated?)
Last edited by afecelis on Wed May 16, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georgian

Post by Georgian »

no need for it i did as you said and resaved in MView it works fine now.
now ill try exporting with animation
Last edited by Georgian on Wed May 16, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Ok, great! The mview trick is an old issue. Glad it helped.

regards,
Georgian

Post by Georgian »

helllp again my textures seem to be mirrored see for yourself

I am not mistaken i mirrored one of the textures in max and than it displayed correctly but i cant mirror all of the textures i think something is messed up in my panda exporter if its so what should i change?
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

hehehe, It's not a panda exporter problem. I think it's an Irrlicht issue. It reads and mirrors the info. Happened to me too. I had to flip everything horizontally to get it to load properly into Irrlicht. It means more work, I know.

If someone knows a better solution or has a better knowledge of this issue in Irrlicht, please post here!
Georgian

Post by Georgian »

no no its also mirrored in MView and ill now try irrlicht i thin its also mirrored there, same in irrlicht :(

WoW i said its an exporter probleem if anyone has the same problem in panda exporter under the tab "X FILE SETTINGS" check the Use LeftHanded System