Jirr - Unsatisfied Link error - Did I error on setting up?

Discussion about Irrlicht's Java wrapper
Zergleb

Jirr - Unsatisfied Link error - Did I error on setting up?

Post by Zergleb »

Hello I followed this tutorial http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... 6ab56b9c2f but this seems just a tiny bit out of date and I'm wondering if that is the reason why I'm getting errors.

I'm able to follow the tutorial and get it to build and give no compile errors although when I try to actually run the program I get an unsatisfied link error.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no irrlicht_wrap.dll in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at com.leadercode.Demo.<clinit>(Demo.java:8)
Exception in thread "main"

As you can see in the tutorial it has a line of code System.loadLibrary("irrlicht_wrap.dll"); I've tried a few different paths for irrlicht_wrap, including the full path, but it didn't work much either way.(Its the loading of .dll's that I'm unfamiliar with in java). I believe that I followed the tutorial correctly.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

*Edit* I've already tried declaring the direct path in my -Djava.library.path argument as well.
Zergleb

Post by Zergleb »

I looked around the forums and it seems that other people have fixed this by adding directx.dll to their bin. Where do I find directx.dll. I re-installed directx and still my search does not find directx.dll. It was not in the c++ dist of irrlicht it definetly was not in jirr. If anyone could help me out I would be very happy.
marianodonati

Post by marianodonati »

Hi zergleb. I had the same error. I did fix it by downloading http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-f ... l?d3dx9_41. You will have to rename it to d3dx9.dll and add it to your bin folder.
I hope that helps.
Regards.[/url]