IDE for jirr

Discussion about Irrlicht's Java wrapper
coco

IDE for jirr

Post by coco »

can i ask, what IDE should use to develop 3D game if i use jirr?
Dark_Kilauea

Post by Dark_Kilauea »

Netbeans is a pretty popular cross platform IDE for both java and C++ development. I've played around with it for a while and found it fairly useful.
rogerborg wrote:Every time someone learns to use a debugger, an angel gets their wings.
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

I found Netbeans to be a superb IDE.

Having syntax errors highlighted in the source before compilation was a revelation, and the attention to detail is admirable: the help window even moves and sizes itself to avoid covering the item that you're asking for help on.
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
coco

Post by coco »

how about Eclips? isn't that's a good IDE?
johnrico2000

Post by johnrico2000 »

I'm actually pretty happy with Eclipse. I use it since a long time for Java development at least. The last version I've tried of Netbeans is several years old, so I can't really give a solid evaluation in comparision of Eclipse vs. Netbeans, but I think both IDEs are definitly well accepted industry de-facto standards. You will probably get happy with both of them.

Regards
Frank
kazymjir

Re:

Post by kazymjir »

rogerborg wrote:I found Netbeans to be a superb IDE.

Having syntax errors highlighted in the source before compilation was a revelation, and the attention to detail is admirable: the help window even moves and sizes itself to avoid covering the item that you're asking for help on.
True!
I work professionally as web developer, I use Netbeans at work for Java, PHP, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, it is awesome!

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice that topic is 4 years old. Anyways - Netbeans is awesome!