java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError when running the examples

Discussion about Irrlicht's Java wrapper
kawaimomo

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError when running the examples

Post by kawaimomo »

Hello all there,

I'm new to Irrlicht, I'm evaluating it for developing games. I downloaded and integrated without problems with Visual Studio Express C++, running smoothly and practicing with the tutorials.

My C/C++ is a little rusty nowadays, Java is more like my first language and the more productive for me, so I got interested in Jirr. 'Cos of the JNI implementation it must be almost as fast as the C++ one. Correct me if i'm wrong :-)

My problem comes when I try to run the Hello World example like this:

java -classpath .;..\classes;..\lib\jirr131.jar;..\lib\jirrklang05.jar;..\lib\jnewton.jar; TestHelloWorld

And i get this:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: E:\jirr\1.3.1\bin\irrlicht_wrap.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

Of course, the Irrlicht.dll and the DX dlls are in the classpath. So what I'm doing wrong? In the readme says:
"Please note: jirr 1.3.1 requires JDK 1.6.0_02 at least!
Warning: Do not use any JDK 1.6 older than this one as there is a bug when trying to link to the native libraries. You may notice an unsatisfied link error otherwise."

I'm using JRE 1.6.0_02-b06, the latest version I found. Since I'm only trying to run the HelloWorld test (not compiling) with JRE it's enough, isn't it? I don't need the JDK, right?

Any help is welcomed ;-)
kawaimomo

Post by kawaimomo »

I installed the latest JDK and still facing the same UnsatisfiedLinkError... :(
kawaimomo

Post by kawaimomo »

Hi again,

Although I was using dx 9.0c I updated via microsoft website and worked. This post gave me the idea: http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=22598
Frank Dodd

Post by Frank Dodd »

Thanks for posting your own solution on this, I was also able to work around the problem in the short term for assessing jirr by copying the Win32-gcc\Irrlicht.dll into the Java directory.