Screenshot of the Month June 2015 [Winner Announced!]

Competitions for Irrlicht or 3D in general.
Irrlicht Screenshot of the Month: Winner for January, vote for February, submit for March
thanhle

Re: Screenshot of the Month June 2015 [Summit Now!]

Post by thanhle »

kornwaretm: Maybe link a video in here: http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/forum/v ... &start=225
stefany

Post by stefany »

@kornwaretm yahaa, please upload a video or demo. (:
kornwaretm
Competition winner

Post by kornwaretm »

Sure but you have to wait. I dont have sufficient internet speed to upload a video right now.
sunnystormy

Post by sunnystormy »

@kornwaretm

That's AWESOME! It makes me want to throw a FPS RPG game right on top of it. Add some fog and some dark, eerie lighting, and you could be hunting down a band of goblins in the jungle in order to recover a precious relic, or something like that... >_>

In any case, it looks sexy. +1
My blog: http://fsgdp.wordpress.com "The Free Software Game Development Pipeline"
kornwaretm
Competition winner

Post by kornwaretm »

thank you guys. actually it is not that good yet. still has a lot of shader glitch. btw here is the video https://youtu.be/xPIAh0bb9wU. sorry i don`t have a decent screen recording software. actually it is not this lag. some how cam studio record it slower than it should.
archmagus

Post by archmagus »

I like the growing animation and trees. How are you generating the trees like that? I think L-systems can grow like that, maybe? And the water is nice too!

As for recording software, you might try VLC, which I recently discovered can capture video as well as play it. But it captures the whole desktop, not just a window, so it might not be suited to you.
kornwaretm
Competition winner

Post by kornwaretm »

thank you very much. the water are actually a modified version of XEffect screen water. in my test it is faster than 2 extra render pass for reflective and refractive water.

i think it is not l-system since i never know l-system, well... may be some kind of l-system, i previously use similar algorithm on my 2D flash game called "the serum aftermath" i'm pretty sure the game still around at maxgames.com if you interested. the 2D version is more advanced i think since it could generate palm trees, and bushes too. the generating process starts with dividing the whole map into chunks and store them in a custom scene node. each chunks has an array of little unit that contains set of generating rules which are filled when growTreeAt is called. then the tree is generated using a constant seed (only age parameter is changing), the generator only generate primitives, and all rely on the seed (branch count, diameter, leafs). the scene node will decide which chunk to render (manual culling).

so new sets of primitives every frame while any growing seed inside the chunk is not matured. this approach eats a lot of memory thou, and gives serious lag if all seeds growing together which i assume never happen. however i can just set the tree to be mature as i spawn one.

on the rendering side, trees will be rendered only in 2 draw calls. one for the wood and one for the leaf, i anly use 1 texture for color map and normal map which i devide into 8 area for 8 kind of bark, using uv coord to act as the selector, i do the same for the leafs. i also add 2 tile texture for detail map and its normal map, detailing the tree for close ups, right now the shader are not yet good enough to expose those details. i got quite a boost in performance for less draw calls.

previously i use static mesh for trees, when i have a lot of trees, performance are as bad as hell, then i switch to the klasker tree, lots of variation in visual, but when using depth pass performance are really bad. that is why i decide to write this jungle scene node. if my game finish i'll share the code for everyone. wish me luck guys :D
archmagus

Post by archmagus »

My Little I-Dislike-Unity Scene:
A little something that I threw together to show my Unity obsessed pal, technologically unimpressive, but it shows use of some of the cool community made scene nodes available for Irrlicht. Uses the Grass Patch, Lens Flair (both from IrrExt) and the (Elvman's) Realistic Water Scene Node. Uses 16x AntiAliasing and a nice skybox from the Irrlicht media/ directory.

Edit: The forum seems to crop the picture, use View Image or something to see it at 1360x700px.
Also, ignore the FPS: 30 at the top, that is surprisingly inaccurate, I think it must have something to do with the pause/unpause when the window loses focus to take a screenshot. (It's usually 100+ FPS with 16xAA)
wing64
Competition winner

Post by wing64 »

SRB work-in progress.
Rendering by ARSA Framework. Our techniques e.g. Physically-based rendering, Bokeh-DOF, Color grading, Light propagation volume, HBAO and FXAA.
Every objects in scene control by Bullet Physics rigidbody and ragdoll.
The_Glitch
Competition winner

Post by The_Glitch »

@wing64

Not bad. But for some reason your scene looks like you took a picture of a TV or monitor and used that as your image.
archmagus

Post by archmagus »

I think it uses anaglyph 3d colouring, no? Red-cyan I think, but I don't have glasses to test with.
Edit: also the Depth of Field blurs some things too.
joelCañas
Competition winner

Post by joelCañas »

You're right @archmagus. is Spanish (I'm from Venezuela). I'm using IrrAI for pathfinding and the character's movement is calculated with quaternions because of the spherical form. It's a social simulation
stefany

Re: Screenshot of the Month June 2015 [Vote Now!]

Post by stefany »

You can vote now!!!! Enjoy!
stefany

Re: Screenshot of the Month June 2015 [Winner Anounced!]

Post by stefany »

winner announced