Video of the Month AnyOne??

Competitions for Irrlicht or 3D in general.
Irrlicht Screenshot of the Month: Winner for January, vote for February, submit for March
devsh
Competition winner

Video of the Month AnyOne??

Post by devsh »

I was thinking... Some very nice effects are hard to show on Screenshot. So maybe someone could set up a video of the month??
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

I don't really think we'd see enough entries to make it a monthly contest, though you could submit a screenshot with a video to back it up (Vimeo > Youtube) and we can link to the video in the gallery (or at least I think we can!)
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
JP

Post by JP »

Yeah nice idea... would certainly show off the better entries as screenshots can be selectively taken from a certain angle that looks good, videos would show it from more angles and show it up better!
Image Image Image
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

maybe we can combine it with screenshot of the month? maybe call it as showcase of the month instead? can be screenshots or video or both
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I think we cannot host the videos in our own gallery, so submission of a screenshot would be required. But adding a video might convince more people :)
randomMesh

Post by randomMesh »

Here's a video of my ODE freeflight demo.

What do you think about it?
"Whoops..."
wildrj

Post by wildrj »

If space is the reason for not being able to be hosted. i have more then enough space and im more then willing to throw up a quick video upload script :) .. just need some confirm from a admin.

Heres my own little video:

http://www.dl.deathtouchstudios.com/preview/physx2.mp4
http://wild.deathtouchstudios.com << My gamedev blog
<Programming is a way of life>
If at first you don't succeed press the delete key till you do :)
r2d2

Post by r2d2 »

How about a viedo of a quarteryear (not sure whether i translated it right ^^ )?
R2D2's Irrlicht Mods
Messed up with my database so the page is not working at the moment -.-
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6700RAM: 4096 mb Graphics: Radeon 4850 512mb Sound: on board InternetConnection: DSL
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

we can host it at places like youtube can't we?
grumpymonkey

Post by grumpymonkey »

sounds like a good idea, but you should upload it to youtube or something since its a hassle to download a video for every entry
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

devsh wrote:haha try to beat this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-r88vbo-LE
Technically-- great job, graphically-- horrible presence. The only people who are going to look at that and say "Wow, that's awesome." are probably very hardcore graphics programmers. So it's not that hard to beat, graphically.

By the way, what's with the little rant in your description? Try to write a more terse description next time. And if you are going to digress, make it intelligent; far too much of your information is blantantly incorrect or one thing doesn't have to do with the other. If you narrow the scope of what you talk about to your own project, it will easily lead you on to the right course. Not to mention, you don't risk sounding unintelligent and abrasive.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
JP

Post by JP »

Aye it may be technically great but it does look graphically awful... Could probably get a better demo together I would think and use less contrasting colours then people would be more impressed on a graphical side ;)
Image Image Image
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

unfortunately I suffer from a great number of errors :) and i dont have time for anything apart from fixing them and my largest one so far is probably nadro's fault (although I thank him a lot for MRT).
grumpymonkey

Post by grumpymonkey »

you cant really see whats going on there cause it just looks like a mix of colors, and the blue-ness is annoying