2048 heightmap not supported anymore?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
kornwaretm
Competition winner

2048 heightmap not supported anymore?

Post by kornwaretm »

hi, i have an old code where i load 2048x2048 heightmap via smgr-,>addTerrainSceneNode. i think it is irrlicht 1.7 or 1.8 . not sure which. and it is loaded and rendered just fine. but when i re compile the code using newer irrlicht, it is loaded but not rendered. what happen?
CuteAlien
Admin

Re: 2048 heightmap not supported anymore?

Post by CuteAlien »

I'm experimenting a little bit with it. So far it looks like heightmap still works here, but behavior becomes strange (as in "messing up my whole system" strange) when I start to use triangle-selectors and collision reponse animators with it. Thought also getting messed up with 1.8.

Do - do you use this in a mimimal setting (just rendering the heightmap) or also in combination with triangle-selectors?

I'll try to debug some more on my end, but going a little slow (huge-heightmap + running in valgrid = 10 minutes of time spend waiting for things just to start up).

edit: Hm, no problems in valgrind. And the strange troubles I had earlier also no longer happening.
On which OS/Compiler are you?
edit2: The strange messup of my system was another thing. Somehow when the gravity animator is active and the camera falls off the edge then system-message pile up hard and don't get removed for a very long time on X11 and so the app no longer reacts on stuff.
edit3: OK, system-messages filling up was caused by calling device->setWindowCaption too often, shouldn't do that each frame on X11. So completely unrelated to this problem. But also means - I can't reproduce a problem with 2048x2048 maps in trunk, they still work for me.
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm