Irrlicht 1.1 errors on OS X - Fixes to get it to compile

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
ssexton

Post by ssexton »

Have a look here:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/Mac-ope ... 00024.html

It appears the proper fix may be to remove the code for that error from Irrlicht completely, since it was removed from the spec.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

cool okay I #ifdef'd it out as of latest revision, any joy compiling yet?
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
jmiles

Post by jmiles »

sorry on my delay, been horrendously busy here. Anyhow, it does seem to take care of that particular error leaving the small set of errors that follow after it:

/irrlicht/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../COpenGLDriver.cpp:714: error: no matching function for call to 'min_(GLint&, const irr::s32&)'

/irrlicht/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../COpenGLDriver.cpp:2592: error: 'glBindRenderBufferEXT' was not declared in this scope

/irrlicht/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../COpenGLDriver.cpp:2602: error: 'glDeleteRenderBuffersEXT' was not declared in this scope

/irrlicht/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../COpenGLDriver.cpp:2731: error: 'pGlFramebufferTexture2DEXT' was not declared in this scope
flowolf

Post by flowolf »

Same kind of problems here:

Code: Select all

COpenGLDriver.cpp: In member function 'void irr::video::COpenGLDriver::loadExtensions()':
COpenGLDriver.cpp:716: error: no matching function for call to 'min_(GLint&, const irr::s32&)'
COpenGLDriver.cpp: In member function 'void irr::video::COpenGLDriver::extGlBindRenderbufferEXT(GLenum, GLuint)':
COpenGLDriver.cpp:2599: error: 'glBindRenderBufferEXT' was not declared in this scope
COpenGLDriver.cpp: In member function 'void irr::video::COpenGLDriver::extGlDeleteRenderbuffersEXT(GLsizei, const GLuint*)':
COpenGLDriver.cpp:2609: error: 'glDeleteRenderBuffersEXT' was not declared in this scope
COpenGLDriver.cpp: In member function 'virtual irr::video::ITexture* irr::video::COpenGLDriver::createRenderTargetTexture(const irr::core::dimension2d<irr::s32>&)':
COpenGLDriver.cpp:2738: error: 'pGlFramebufferTexture2DEXT' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [COpenGLDriver.o] Error 1
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Did you try the latest SVN revision? These calls are all #ifdef'ed and should work. The min_ might need a cast which I will add soon. And the last one (the pGl*) is indeed bad because we will need a new video driver feature for this (because pGl is not defined unless OpenGL extension pointers are used). I'll check this one, too.